Rising Rents and Business Rates are damaging the mix of independent shops on our high streets.
They are forcing some of us to relocate, cut back on local staff or the services our customers need. They will force some of us to close.
We want to work with decision makers to ensure that our businesses can thrive, not just survive!
Please join us on Wednesday 12th September from 7:45pm – 9:30pm
At: The Portico Gallery, 23a Knights Hill, West Norwood, SE27 0HS
At this event we will:
- Hear about work taking place on this issue at a central and local government level.
- Hear from local shop owners about the issues we face
- Consider ways that we can put pressure on the Chancellor to include relief to London businesses in the autumn budget
The event will also provide an opportunity to ask questions to key influencers during an panel discussion.
The panel members will include:
- Helen Hayes, MP for Dulwich & West Norwood, Communities and Local Government Select Committee
- Kieron Williams, Southwark Council Cabinet Member for Jobs, Skills and Innovation
- Fred Cowell, Councillor for Thurlow Park Ward
- Sue Terpilowski, Federation of Small Businesses, policy lead and business person
It is vital that we gather as much support as we can from businesses across Southwark and Lambeth.
Please RSVP HERE as spaces are limited.
If you have any questions about the event please contact Clare Chamberlain at firstname.lastname@example.org