Lambeth Council have launched a consultation on a new Street Drinking Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) for the borough and they want your views.
The current PSPO is due to expire on 19 October, so we want a new one in place for that time. The borough wide order targets alcohol consumption in public places associated with anti-social behaviour. It requires those in breach of the order to surrender their alcohol to Council or Police officers or face a fine.
Have your say
To find out more and have your say, please visit the Lambeth website.
The consultation runs from 25 August to 22 September
Get in contact
If you have any questions about the consultation, please email PPRSConsultations@lambeth.gov.
Lambeth Council is offering local businesses that become an accredited London Living Wage employer a three-year business grant. Our aim is to support and encourage local businesses to commit to paying their employees the Living Wage and experience the benefits that becoming accredited has to offer.
Lambeth Council is on a journey to become a Living Wage Place, a recognition that is awarded to making the Living Wage a norm. The Living Wage is an hourly wage rate that reflects actual costs of living. Paying the Living Wage improves the employer brand, boosts staff productivity and motivation at work.
A survey of UK employers paying the Living Wage reveals:
- 93% reported having benefited from their accreditation.
- 86% say it improved their reputation
- 62% say it improved relations between managers and staff
- 60% say it improved recruitment of employees into their business
Head over to https://bit.ly/lambeth-living-wage to find out more or join Lambeth Living Wage Place & Living Wage Business Grant – Breakfast Launch on Tuesday, 17th October from 9:00 – 12:00 at award-winning centre The Foundry. Bookings are open now: https://bit.ly/456wRZb
InStreatham attended Lambeth’s Scrutiny Committee this summer where our BID manager highlighted various issues, including concerns about the cleanliness of Streatham, partly attributed to the performance of the council’s waste contractor – shoplifting, low-level anti-social behavior, and daytime alcohol and substance misuse.
We urged the council to work closely with BIDs to address these issues. Lambeth Council was asked, within six months:
- to take steps to regenerate Streatham town centre so that it was more attractive and welcoming to residents, including prioritising funding and establishing a steering group to deliver the local Investment and Growth Strategy.
- to lobby the government, alongside other London boroughs, to secure more control over the mix of businesses in town centres, preventing the overconcentration of takeaway and betting shops that could negatively impact town centres.
- to ensure that street cleaning was prioritised in town centres; to encourage quick action to resolve issues, such as fly-tipping and graffiti, and to engage more actively with businesses and residents in relation to reporting issues.
Lambeth Council have launched a consultation on a proposal by BT to remove 3 public call boxes located in the Streatham, Knights Hill, and Brixton areas, and want your views on the proposal.
Due to poor usage, BT considers that these call boxes are no longer needed.
BT is also carrying out their own consultation and details of this can be found on site notices, located on the call boxes they are proposing to remove.
Have your say
To find out more and have your say by completing our short survey, visit the Lambeth website.
The consultation runs from 9 August to 30 August 2023.
King’s Business School is committed to supporting local businesses and is collaborating to offer up to 15 enterprises in the King’s local boroughs –Westminster, Lambeth, and Southwark – the opportunity to receive business consultancy and strategic advice from ambitious and skilled students, free of charge.
If you are interested in this opportunity, complete the online expression of interest form below which outlines your business and the question(s) which you would like to explore. The form should be submitted by Friday 15 September 2023 at 5pm.