Streatham Festival delivers high quality, inclusive and accessible arts & cultural events that bring communities together to celebrate Streatham. The festival is in its 15th year and is run entirely by volunteers hard all year long to organise and deliver a great festival for our community. We aim to celebrate local talent and encourage imaginative use of different venues across Streatham. We support and engage with local shops and businesses by promoting them through events, to encourage footfall, customer spend and repeat visits. The festival supports a mix of art genres, opportunities to learn and join in, develop practice in the arts and nurture artists and audiences through collaboration with all sections of the community.
What we’ll deliver:
- Delivery of more Festival Brochures, to offices, schools, businesses and homes
- More roadside banners to promote the Festival to all those passing through and around Streatham
- Publicity materials for each participating venue, including posters, press packs and marketing advice
- Wrist bands which can be shown in exchange for discounts/freebies encouraging visits to Streatham shops & restaurants
- Attract more acts to bring their performances to the Festival, in turn attracting more visitors
Why it’s a great idea:
6,445 people attended events during Streatham Festival last year and 200 different businesses, schools, community groups and charities were involved. The talent and efforts of many local folk make the festival work every year and we can always use more help to make a better festival for all. The Streatham Festival is important to the local community and businesses, with several businesses supporting our activities year on year. In order to produce a high quality event. Our sponsorship scheme and fundraising activities are successful, but do not yield enough to cover the costs of growing the event in the way we want to.
Steps to get it done:
- Printing marketing brochures and outdoor banners
- Approaching businesses for special offers and ordering wrist bands
- Ordering flags to be displayed outside each venue
- Distributing publicity material, press packs and marketing advice to venues
- Contacting headline acts